If your company or agency has employment opportunities for geologists or hydrogeologists in the Long Island, New York Metropolitan area send your ad to the LIAPG webmaster as an attached text,Word, pdf, or html file. It will be posted on the Long Island Geologists web site. Or, you can send us a link to your business homepage.
Amec Foster Wheeler is an international Engineering and Environmental Consulting Firm with offices across the United States and throughout the world. Our clients included government agencies, Fortune 500 companies as well as small to medium size companies. Due to increased work load, the NYC/LI office, which is located in Lake Success, NY, is looking to add a staff member with 1 to 4 years of experience.
Civil or Environmental Engineer/Geologist / Environmental Scientist
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments;
- Brownfield and Superfund investigations & cleanups;
- Soil and groundwater sampling;
- Soil vapor sampling and SSD system pilot testing;
- Operations and maintenance of treatment systems;
- Preparation of Work Plans;
- Creating tables and figures for reports;
- Preparation of report text; and,
- Develop and implement site specific Health & Safety Plans.
Bachelors of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or related science. Must be able to perform field work.
Minimum one – four years, experience with remediation equipment a plus. Good writing and communications skills are required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
P.W. Grosser Consulting is a young, energetic, talented team of diverse professionals committed to our client’s project goals. PWGC has over 25 years of experience in Environmental and Engineering Project Management for clients in Government, Commerce, Industry, Private/Public Sector. Planning, Design, or Redevelopment, PWGC solutions are economical, flexible, on time, and within budget. What sets up apart is our customized approach and excellent rapport with regulatory agencies.
Field Hydrogeologist / Environmental Scientist
- Develop an understanding of sampling techniques for multiple media (air, water, soil)
- Sample in accordance with appropriate protocols and project plans
- Develop writing skills
- Document sample locations and methods, report deviations from plans
- Prepare report tables and figures in accordance with project objective
- Assist with review and approving subcontractor invoices
- Assist with invoice preparation
- Networking internally and externally
- Continually improve existing methods and procedures at experience level
- Communicate skills to immediate manager as they are obtained
- Communicate findings of field investigation’s and issues to immediate manager timely
- Follow QA/QC guidelines
Bachelors of Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science/Studies or related science. Must be able to perform field work
Minimum zero – three years’ experience OR Science Technology Degree from an ABET program
Required Certifications / Licensure:
HAZWOPER, Respirator Medical Clearance
Knowledge / Skills:
Effective technical writing skills. GIS a plus. Travel required, lifting up to 50 lbs. Strong ability to effectively communicate technical information to all types of people, both verbally and in writing; multitask and coordinate confusing and often conflicting priorities; strong communication, decision-making, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Contractor oversight and organizational skills.
- 100% paid healthcare: medical, dental, hospitalization, RX, life insurance
- AFLAC / LegalShield / Additional Life Insurance
- Employer Down-Payment Assisted Housing Program
- Career Path Flexibility / Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid registration / examination fees for professional licenses
- Paid time-off benefits, 18 PTO days plus 10 holidays your first year!
- Flexible atmosphere
To apply, please go to the PWGC Careers page for more information or to apply.
Copyright 2017: Long Island Association of Professional Geologists. Questions / Comments about this web page should be directed to email@example.com.