ERM is seeking a motivated Senior Engineer/Geologist/Scientist who is interested in project delivery and business development for a number of diverse accounts primarily within our New York Metropolitan Area footprint and potentially other US locations. In this role, you will provide project management and senior technical assistance on site investigation, remediation, and environmental construction projects for clients locally and nationally.
As a senior manager, you will contribute your leadership, client relationship, and technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM’s business and client base, while networking with ERM's global Contaminated Site Management technical team and technology experts to share best practices across the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a global environmental leader.
Serve as technical lead and/or Senior Project Manager for multiple remediation projects in the Power, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and other sectors. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Project Management tasks such as management of sampling and remediation activities, subcontractor coordination and contracting, client correspondence, staff coordination, development of project schedule, project budgeting, invoicing, etc.
- Preparation or review of reports summarizing various stages of the remedial program with certification that activities have been completed pursuant to current regulations and guidance for sites regulated by the Spill Act, ISRA, GPRA 2020, etc.;
- Development of conceptual site models (CSMs) by engaging and managing resources such as groundwater flow and F&T modeling, GIS data visualization, preparation of lithology cross sections, and other tools necessary to provide an understanding of the site for decision making purposes;
- Participation in site inspections and interviews with facility personnel as necessary to support preliminary assessments to identify Areas of Concern requiring further investigation;
- Oversight of remediation projects in the states of New York and New Jersey, including compliance with regulatory and mandatory timeframes, review and certification of major regulatory submittals, and management of administrative responsibilities such as annual fee reporting, retention forms, etc.;
- Participation in key client meetings to summarize remedial progress, discuss important decisions relative to the path to closure, and assist with client correspondence and development;
- Coordination with project team for direction and guidance, review of sampling plans, ensure data quality objectives and requirements are met, and other project tasks;
- Active involvement in business development initiatives related to growing client accounts, including presentations to prospective clients, preparation of proposals and SOQ packages, and development of remediation case studies and other supporting documents;
- Demonstrate leadership in onboarding and training of staff relative to New York and New Jersey regulatory requirements, report preparation, sampling methodologies and techniques, data evaluation, and incorporation of statistics and data visualization to support remedial approaches.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related discipline.
- 10 to 20 years of experience in the environmental consulting or related field.
- Active New York and/or New Jersey Professional Engineer, active New York New Jersey Professional Geologist, and/or Licensed Site Remediation Professional in the state of NJ, preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of the local New York and New Jersey regulatory climate, including the NYS DER-10, NYS Part 375, NYS Part 360 and other NYS guidance documents and policies, NJDEP Technical Requirements for Site Remediation (TRSR), Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA), Administrative Requirements for Remediation of Contaminated Sites (ARRCS) and NJDEP Site Remediation Program guidance documents and policies, and USEPA Superfund.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Local candidates preferred, or willingness to relocate.
Apply through this link: