PWGC is seeking an experienced person for our full-time Project Hydrogeologist position.
You’ve worked hard and are ready for the next step in your career. Join PWGC’s project award-winning, Best Workplace team and work with highly respected industry leaders in environmental consulting!Our welcoming and warm culture provides you with open-door access to all our staff, opportunities for personal and professional development and amazing benefits, including 100% employer paid medical and dental, tuition reimbursement, generous holidays, and PTO and more!
Provide field oversight, sampling services, and contractor direction for various environmental projects. Support Project Managers and Senior Project Mangers to meet project objectives, both technical and administrative aspects.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate and oversee field effort, guide and train field hydrogeologists during field effort
- Document and evaluate sample locations and methods, report deviations from plans, follow QA/QC guidelines
- Interact with clients, contractors, vendors, and regulators in the field - represent PWGC in a positive manner
- Communicate findings of field investigations and issues to project manager timely
- Continued development of technical writing skills, knowledge of relevant regulations
- Prepare draft plans/technical reports including tables and figures, utilization of data software programs such as Microsoft Excel and Strater
- Review and approve subcontractor invoices
- Assist on proposal effort for new work and invoice preparation
- Networking internally and externally
- Assist with creating in-house training sessions
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science/Studies, or related science
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience OR 1 year and position relevant master’s degree.
- HAZWOPER, NYS SST card a plus!
- Effective technical writing skills, knowledge of MS Office products.
- Must be able to perform field work, travel, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate technical information to all types of people, both verbally and in writing; multitask; decision-making, analytical, problem solving and people skills. Contractor oversight and organizational skills.
Apply on PWGC's website!