PWGC is seeking an experienced person for our full-time Senior Hydrogeologist position.
You’ve worked hard and are ready for the next step in your career. Join PWGC’s project award-winning, Best Workplace team and work with highly respected industry leaders in environmental consulting!
Our welcoming and warm culture provides you with open-door access to all our staff, opportunities for personal and professional development and amazing benefits, including 100% employer paid medical and dental, tuition reimbursement, generous holidays, and PTO and more!
Assist Project Managers and Senior Project Managers on a variety of environmental projects. Assist managing environmental field investigations at large, complex sites; prepare both routine due diligence and complex site investigation reports; and coordinate staff, subcontractors, and vendors in field activities.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate and oversee field effort when appropriate guide and train field hydrogeologists during field effort
- Document and evaluate sample locations and methods, report deviations from plans, follow QA/QC guidelines
- Interact with clients, contractors, vendors, and regulators in the field - represent PWGC in a positive manner
- Communicate findings of field investigations and issues to immediate manager timely
- Continued development of technical writing skills, knowledge of relevant regulations
- Prepare draft plans/technical reports including tables and figures, utilization of data software programs such as Envirodata and Strater
- Review and approve subcontractor invoices
- Assist on proposal effort for new work and invoice preparation
- Networking internally and externally
- Assist with creating in-house training sessions
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor of Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science/Studies, or related science
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum five years’ experience OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: HAZWOPER, NYC Site Safety Training Card a plus, PG or FG a plus
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Knowledge of NYSDEC Brownfield and NYCOER E-Designation regulations, as well as due diligence (Phase I and Phase II ESAs) a plus. Effective technical writing skills. Proficient in MS Office. Must be able to perform field work when needed. Local travel required, lifting to 50 lbs. Ability to effectively communicate technical information to clients, peers, and supervisors, both verbally and in writing; multitask; decision-making, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. Contractor oversight and organizational skills.
Apply on PWGC's website!