PWGC is looking for someone who is up to challenges and comfortable working out of a (small 2-4 person) office in Saratoga Springs. Must be efficient, self-motivated, and interested in learning. Field and office assignments for mining, environmental, and industrial projects throughout New York and New England. Must be comfortable working and driving on industrial sites. This is a great opportunity to strengthen writing and technical skills.
- Develop an understanding of monitoring and sampling techniques and use of sampling and monitoring equipment
- Understanding of relevant regulations, permits, and permitting framework
- Contractor oversight
- Environmental compliance audits and site assessments; storm water inspections, monitoring, and sampling; bulk storage reviews and written plan preparation
- Prepare documents in accordance with project objective and company standards
- Bachelor's of Science, Geology or Mining/Geological Engineering
- 2-4 years experience industry experience, or a Master's degree
- Technical writing, excellent written/oral communication skills
- Travel required, typically day trips
- Reliable transportation to commute to work sites, valid driver's license & clean driving record. - Ideal candidate will live local to the Saratoga Springs Office.
- Must be able to perform field work and be able to carry 50+ lbs
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Endorsed 4-Hour Erosion & Sediment Control current Certification a plus
- GIT a plus
- GIS experience