Laurel Environmental Geosciences
Position Summary: Geologist/Environmental Scientist
Laurel Environmental Geosciences, a full-service environmental consulting firm located on Long Island, is seeking a Geologist/Environmental Scientist with 4+ years of experience in carrying out environmental investigation and remediation projects.
- Under supervision of the senior staff, candidates will work on a variety of environmental projects throughout the region, primarily in the New York City metropolitan area.
- Perform environmental site assessments, remedial and pre-design investigations, test borings, well installations, environmental sampling of various media, aquifer testing, pilot tests, implementation of air monitoring programs and remote sensing surveys.
- Prepare and review work plans, technical reports and assist in preparation of presentations and proposals to clients and regulators.
- Develop investigation and remedial strategies for various types of commercial/industrial sites and collaborate in the design and installation of remediation systems.
- Interact with subcontractors, clients and regulatory agency representatives.
- Assist with proposals and business development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology or Engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience preferably in environmental consulting.
- Excellent communication skills and technical report writing.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook proficiency.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training - plus a current 8-hour refresher course.
- Skills, such as, air monitoring, mold and/or asbestos surveying, are a plus.
- Physical ability to perform field work in summer and winter conditions.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
We are looking for self-motivated people who can work independently, are eager to learn and are willing to be trained or certified in areas related to the position requirements.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Laurel Environmental Geoscience
53 West Hills Road
Huntington Station, New York 11746
T: 631 673-0612