Employment Opportunity: Director of Operations – Laurel Environmental Geosciences, DPC.
Huntington Station, New York
Laurel Environmental Geosciences, DPC (Laurel) is seeking a seasoned environmental professional with at least 20-years of experience to direct and manage the day-to-day operations of the firm. The position reports directly to the Principals of the company. Laurel is a well-established and highly respected firm that has been in business for over 29-years. The company enjoys a loyal client base in the New York metropolitan area that provides a steady, diverse, and dynamic workload requiring the skills of a senior environmental professional to make sure a high-quality product is produced in an efficient and profitable manner. The work environment is casual yet professional with a staff of 15-environmental professionals that enjoy the challenges the firm’s projects offer and are eager to learn and grow. Staff management and mentoring is a key to the company’s continued success and is expected to be an essential part of the Director’s responsibilities.
The Director of Operations responsibilities include the following.
- Providing the Principals with strategic input on technical, business and account management issues.
- Emphasizing Quality Assurance/Quality Control in the execution and reporting of the firm’s project work.
- Mentoring the environmental staff and assisting in their professional growth.
- Staffing and scheduling of projects and conducting weekly project management meetings.
- Participating in proposal preparation and business development activities.
- Tracking and managing project budgets and labor hours and reporting to the Principals.
- Keeping abreast of relevant regulatory matters to assure written reports and templates are current.
- Communicating with clients and regulators to assure work products are satisfactory.
- Encourage client/account development.
Essential Job Requirements
- A Master’s Degree in the geosciences and/or engineering field.
- A minimum of 20-years in the environmental consulting field including at least 5-years of staff management experience.
- A strong business acumen and ability to think strategically.
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff members and clients.
- Excellent report writing and reviewing skills.
- Budget management and reporting experience.
- Adherence to QA/QC protocol and ability to effectively convey the same to the staff.
- Familiarity with New York State, County and Local environmental regulations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks – demonstrate flexibility to meet rigorous project scheduling and staffing needs.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft® and Adobe® software. Quick Books® experience a plus*.
- Simple IRA
- Bonus Potential
The Director of Operations candidate can start immediately upon Laurel’s obtaining positive feedback from 3-qualified professional references.
Please forward correspondence and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org